Extra money - Who can say no to that! Whether you're saving for a down payment, paying off your debt, or repaying a student loan, this extra income can go a long way.
A side hustle job is always a game-changer and makes all the difference in your wallet while at the same time giving you the freedom you've always wanted.
What is a Side Hustle?
The money you make outside of your regular 9 to 5 job. It gives you the freedom to achieve your passion, buy the things you need or have wanted to have for a long time, and lower your financial burden.
The reality is, most of the regular jobs don't help you pay all the bills. And mainly if you have just started your career. The worst part is that there is always a cap on your financial growth. So, start a side hustle, something that can either help you make more money today, something that acts as your second income should you face unexpected job security.
Here are the top 10 best side hustles that'll help you make more money:
- Start a Reselling Business - Reselling is one of the best side hustle jobs. It allows you to sell directly to the customer without indulging in buying any inventory. Why's it beneficial? No big startup costs budget, with minimal risks. The manufacturer will send the package directly to the customer on your behalf. With shipping in place, you have all the time to brainstorm on marketing and customer service – the lifeline of any business. If you are a strong base in marketing and want a side business that plays to your strength, this is it. You get to be the owner and the employee of your very own business.
- Start Freelancing - Does your 9 to 5 job pay fluctuate? You might need more money in some months and fewer in others. If this sounds like you, it's high time you take up freelance projects. It can be anything you like - designing, handling marketing, or calling customers. If you love trying new work, this could be just perfect for you. One can make from $50 to $2,000 a month. To succeed as a freelancer is to charge clients based on the value you'll bring.
- Try Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate marketing jobs that pay well over in the long term. However, going through a learning curve before you can start well in this is normal. Finding the right product to sell is equally important as finding the right brand to partner with it. If you wish to be an affiliate marketer for eCommerce stores, your commission will come out lower than in re-selling itself. However, some tech companies will pay a hefty price to affiliates who bring them new customers.
- Digital Printing - If you are interested in making custom graphics and artwork in your free time, running a print-on-demand store could be perfect for you. POD helps you sell your custom artwork into products like t-shirts, fridge magnets, phone cases, mugs, etc. How much money you can make in this business depends on how much people are liking it and your marketing efforts.
- Start a Blog - Blogging is one of the best side hustle jobs from home or anywhere else in the world. It helps you build a personal brand where you write about your passions. Building a niche that you understand shares the same interest as you is a handful of jobs. If you're passionate about it, you can create an online store that you can monetize and add a blog to it. This will help monetize your asset before you've built a solid audience base. Additionally, the combination of content and commerce is a powerful one. As your blog grows with time, you can also use retargeting ads to your blog traffic to land more sales.
Read more: 15 Passive Income Ideas To Help You Make More Money
- Sell Informational Products - This side hustle will require research, time investment, and marketing skills for you to boon. Are there any viral topics that you know a lot about? A famous case that there is not enough information about? Make money out of these opportunities by creating content around it. Make videos on it and sell them on platforms. The content you create can guide them in the path of a solution. The best part is you could help people and make money simultaneously.
- Become an Instagram Influencer - Growing up, most people dream of being famous. On Instagram, you can build a personal brand around yourself. It can be around you, your dog, or your photography. Be consistent in the content you post. You'll gain new followers if people relate to your page. I invest your time into growing your followers by posting several times a day, every day, and eventually, you will be able to monetize it.
- Virtual Assistance - A virtual assistant works in a remote location and helps with administration, bookkeeping, client servicing, and more. Starting up in this can be a bit harder, as you need to find clients, but you could earn more money moving forward. Join popular Facebook groups for businesses and online retailers to offer your services.
- Photography - If you have a knack for photography, it can be your side hustle. If you like to travel and take pictures of your city, you can sell them to local publications such as city newspapers. If you sell your photos on a stock photo site, it's a numbers game. The more you upload, the better chance you are to be found. The more active you are, the faster you will develop your photography skills over time. So, it's an all-around win.
- Get a Part-Time Job - There are several side job ideas to make money, such as a babysitter, waiter, receptionist, administrative assistant, or barista. These jobs will require your time for money; after you work a full day, you'll feel tired and exhausted, so pick an appointment with a flexible schedule.