Online shopping has disrupted our shopping experience in ways that were unimaginable a couple of years back. Super apps like Amazon, Paytm, etc. have undoubtedly made our lives easier but have also catalyzed the consumer economy.
Online shopping has become the source of instant gratification for many. The convenience of having any product delivered to your doorstep at the click of a button has made people make purchase decisions quicker and with lesser thought about whether they need the products.
In these times, when the world is getting better at draining our wallets day by day, let us look at some money-saving hacks for online shopping.
1. Find a Coupon - Many websites will help you find coupons for the website you are trying to buy from. It is worthwhile to search and save these websites for later reference. You can even visit the brands' social media pages to find a coupon that they may have released there and check out their website to compare pricing.
2. Use a Credit Card - Most websites or credit card companies offer discounts if you use a specific bank's credit card. You could even get offers that will become valid after you make a certain amount of purchases. Keep track of these offers and make use of them as much as possible.
3. Use Price-Comparison - You should always use a price comparison tool that will let you compare the price of the same product across multiple websites and sources. These tools are great to use since you do not have to compromise for a better price.
Also read: Why Can't I Stop Wasting Money on Unnecessary Subscriptions
4. Order from the Same Seller to Save Shipping Costs - If you are ordering multiple products from a website like Amazon/Flipkart, you should be conscious of the stores you choose your products from. If possible, try to select products from the same seller to avoid separate shipping for each product.
5. Follow the 24-hr Rule - The 24hr law says that you should wait at least 24 hrs before making a purchase that you just thought of. It would help if you used this time to rethink whether you need the product and whether this will be the best way to spend your money. You will be surprised to see how many impulse purchases you will be able to prevent yourself from making through this simple rule.
6. Get Subscription - If you shop online often and that too from the same website, you could consider getting a subscription. Amazon Prime can save you a lot of money on shipping etc. if you purchase enough to make the prime membership fees justifiable. However, while doing this, you must also make sure that you are not just overspending on things you do not need to justify the membership cost.
Also read: What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping?
7. Keep a Track of Cashback and Coupon Codes - Brands will often give you a discount code or coupon once you buy from them that you can use on your next purchase. Keep these coupons safe, and if you happen to buy from them again within the validity period, use the coupon.
Use these simple hacks to make the most of the online deals. Happy shopping!
(Check out 'Learn & Grow with Wizely' 'to read and learn all about personal finance and financial planning.)