The festive season is back, and we are all too excited. The incredible discounts, new variety, the vibe at the marketplaces are all experience in itself.
But have you planned your shopping list yet? Often, we wait for the festive season all year long to save money and make our big-ticket purchases, but end up getting caught in the festive rush and overspend. Let's make sure that this year is different.
Let us look at some Do's and Don'ts for this year's shopping spree to get you the best deal out there and save you money.
- Make a List - Plan what you want to purchase this festive season beforehand. Sit down with your better half, make a list of everything you wish to buy, and think of the budget you plan for each of these purchases. If you leave with the naive plan of buying something good, you are most likely to buy something less useful while overspending as well.
- Do Your Research - Once you have made your shopping list, you must also lookup for that stuff online. Read blogs, find the best product recommendation, cross-check prices, and understand precisely what you need to save money.
- Think Twice Before Buying Unplanned - When you are out there in the market, the lights, decorations, vibe, and flashy sale signs are all going to tempt you to buy things you didn't even plan for. It is perfectly acceptable to go ahead and make that purchase but only if you think at least twice if it is the best way to spend that money.
- Negotiate - Always negotiate the best deals with the shopkeeper. During the festive season, most stores expect buyers to negotiate and hence keep their prices accordingly. There is nothing wrong with bargaining for a better price.
- Leave for last-minute - If you plan to buy a sofa or anything of that kind that will require you to visit multiple stores and choose from many useful options, do not leave it for the last minute. The festive season is hectic, and leaving this task for the last minute will most likely force you to settle for a not so perfect deal.
- Buy More Than Needed for An extra Discount - Many stores are going to offer combo deals. Remember, it is not always wise to spend double what you planned to avail of an additional 10% discount.
- Buy Unplanned Before Buying Planned - The markets will be tempting, and you will want to buy many things you didn't plan for. Make it a point to focus on the things you have already planned for and have budgeted for. Once you have done that, only then should you go ahead with making impulse purchases.
- Buy from the First Store You Visit - Even if you see exactly what you wanted that too for a favorable price, do not buy from the first store you visit. There is a high chance that you will find a better deal if you search more. If not, you can always return to that store.
We hope these quick tips help you with your shopping spree this festive season. Wishing you the best of health and a super happy festive season.